Sunday, February 26, 2023

What's Coming in the Revised Chapter One?

So, I've been fiddling again.  Since deciding Chapter One was worthy of a re-release, I've been working on a new intro movie to replace the one of old (see older post to view it).  It's come along well, to the point that I have a decent intro movie if I decide to venture onto YouTube, but I needed a break from it so ventured into the toolset to see where tweaks could be made.

One thing that always annoyed me was the scene in a cave where you can stumble across a bound prisoner.  It always bugged me that the sack depicted as containing the victim was far too small to actually contain a body.  Having only recently discovered how easy it is to scale an object this is an aesthetic fix I jumped upon and rectified.  Hoping it will improve the scene now it looks more believable.

I've taken on board comments from the past, one of which concerned item drops which quite frankly surprised me.  Some players felt there wasn't enough with regard loot, so I've been expanding on it slightly.  Another player felt that the Druid was difficult to please, so I've introduced an opportunity that can give previously unavailable slim bonuses (as well as penalties) to your reputation with him, via a conversation that opens up with a shop keeper should you have some unusual armour in your inventory, which, coincidentally, opens an avenue to sell them for a profit, thus opening up possibilities to buy something new in Oasis from the many items I can only presume some missed.

I've also been considering a bonus area, and was surprised to find one unused within the list of areas.  Although not complete, there is room to incorporate it.

As always.  If anyone is still watching, would love to know your thoughts on the matter.

Regards,

Quillmaster.

No comments: