Sunday, October 09, 2011

Skyrim

I made a start on the opening cutscene last night.  It's tough getting the camera to do what you want.  Guess the Director in me will slow things down a little.

Decided to have a break and browse for a while.  I remembered The Elder Scrolls were due to release Skyrim soon, so decided to check out their site which is where I've been the last hour.  I have to say everything looks awesome.  True, I thought that about Oblivion but ended up disheartened by the repetitive combat in the gate zones, but Skyrim looks so much better.  Just take a look at this Dragon Combat in game footage.

All Elder Scroll games have paid high attention to detail, and Skyrim is no exception.  It's worth watching the other videos available to get a sense of how far this goes ( The puzzle and key scene is a particularly good example.).

This looks to be a dangerous game to buy for kids who need to do homework, or even adults come to that... hmmm... perhaps I'll add it to my Christmas list and let fate decide ;)

No comments: