Saturday, August 09, 2008

Squishing Bugs!

Not really a lot to report as I've been busy making some graphics requested by Lance Botelle for use in NWN2, but I have been beavering away at my module none the less, and progress is slowly but surely taking place.
The good news is that my previous dilemma concerning the castle has been resolved. I'm going with the new tileset option (although this has meant re-creating several areas previously regarded as finished apart from populating and scripting). I found that by repeatidly using the eraser on cliff areas I could eventually select a tile that just contained sea with no rocks. Without the rocks the lapping sea animation is a lot more difficult to see, so the end result no longer jars with what I was trying to create.
I've been playtesting what's built so far and boy, did I have some work on my hands! It's taken quite some hunting to iron out a few journal update problems that were occuring, but I think I've caught them all now which is good, as I have trouble moving on when I know what's built so far isn't polished to the standard I'd like.
I still have a lot of work to do with making use of the ambient system I used in "Muddles in Milton" within a small town that features in the module, and once I get there I'll also need to make another cutscene. With all the work that's being put into this, I'm thinking I should get some volunteers to playtest when complete before releasing a non beta version, so if anyone out there is interested drop me a line. Please note that I'm still a way off from reaching that point, so if you're the kind of person that doesn't mind working along the lines of someone elses vision, maybe you should drop me a line too to help speed things along ;)

1 comment:

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Hi Geoff,

First, 'Thanks' for doing the artwork for me. I'm just glad I could help you with some things in return. :) Talking of which, as I have a bit of an understanding of your vision, I don't mind doing a little play-testing for you once its done, if you like.

As you know, I am not as much of a player as a builder, but maybe, along with others who do play, I might make a valid tester for you?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more ... :)

By the way, do we get any screenshots of the castle and/or effects you were working on?

Cheers!

Lance.